State vs Amrit Kumar - Dr. Govind Sharma

Due to good reviews I chose to pick this book as my next read. The title suggested it would be more of a court case than a story but I was proven wrong. Nevertheless, I liked this book and it has a unique and captive storyline.

The novel is basically a representation of historical facts leading to the current case handled by a lawyer. It details the nature of Amrit, the main protagonists, parents, how they met and got married, their family backgrounds and the birth of Amrit. This was the first part of the book. The second part details the upbringing of Amrit and his traumatic past.

Book is a very fast paced novel with a captive narration of events. A lot of characters but every character is unique in a way. Book basically tries to portray that you cannot change the basic nature of any human being. Though I agree the title is not justifiable but still at end of the book you get the feeling of completeness.

Overall a great read and I rate is 4/5 for minor errors which can be overseen.

Comments