A Hundred Little Flames - Preeti Shenoy

I've been reading blogs penned by Preeti Shenoy and have admired her writing skills. However, this is first novel of hers which I chose to read. Have read great reviews about this novel. I totally agree with all the rave reviews of this novel. The book is a beautiful tale.

The story is about Ayan and how he bonds with his grandfather. The story depicts various shades of life viz, Love in different generations, Betrayal by closed ones, Bonding between grandparent and grandchild, life in a city Vs life in a village, changing times and luxury of technology.

The tale is a medium paced but very intriguing one. Characters are brilliantly developed and the narrative is excellent bringing the scenes to life. The ending leaves you choked. Though I admit I had predicted the ending but prayed it was different. Nevertheless the ending is apt for the story.

I would certainly pick more books penned by Preeti Shenoy. My rating for this one is undoubtedly 5/5.

Comments