The Man from the Egg - Sudha Murthy

I've always been an admirer of Sudha Murthy's novels due to its strong characterization of women. But this book as the title suggests is very different from her usual tales. The book is about unusual tales of the trinity of Brahma Vishnu and Shiva, the Indian dirties whom we worship. I am glad to have picked this book.

The book has many small tales, some known and many unknown facts from our mythology. It's not just tales but also briefs us about folk tales and stories behind many sacred places existing in India. I admit I wasn't aware of all such places or the beliefs associated with it. Truly a great book to lay my hands on.

All the stories are very interesting and even though I knew some tales nevertheless loved rereading about them. As Sudha ma'am rightly said in the introduction, the book is for future generations to read and know about stories which might get extinct with time. I hope this book doesn't get lost as it is a jewel.

Loved and simply loved this book. Undoubtedly a 5/5 from me on this.

Comments