Review: Eating Wasps by Anita Nair

Title: Eating Wasps

Author: Anita Nair

Length: 261 pages

Publisher: Context Publisher

Genre: Fiction, Short Stories, Feminism

My rating: 3.5/5

Summary:

The book is a compilation of short stories based on Women characters and the situations they face which alter their life

My Take:

I had read a lot of rave reviews about this book so when I saw this book available for Prime Members I didn’t think twice before picking up this book. The title itself is quite intriguing and so is the cover. However what lay inside was completely different.

The book is narrated by a ghost writer who comes across various women characters and narrates their stories. Some of the stories created quite an impact and some were average stories. The stories are very heavy and does make you think about the characters agony.

The story that did create an impact on me was that of a school girl named Megha. That story will remain with me for some time. Apart from that all the other stories I found them to be one time read.

The stories are short but due to its content, I won’t say it’s a quick read, rather it’s a heavy read. I wanted something light to read and this book didn’t fit the criteria. Probably if I had picked this book at some other time, my rating would have been different.

If you are interested in reading stories of women characters, you may definitely pick this book. For me this is an OK read.



Comments