Untrodden Path - Kavita Shirodkar

A friend of mine offered me this book as it was written by her Aunt. This book is a Marathi book which is translated in English by Dr. Suvarna Baljekar. A book of 12 short stories.

I can't thank my friend enough for handing me this rare jewel which can easily be nominated as a modern day classic book. All the stories are very different from each other and the unexpected ending is the USP of the book. I could remember Satyajit Ray and Rabrindanath Tagore stories while completing each of them.

The book portrays emotional journey of various characters in different stories. Highlights of the book are the feelings of loneliness, dejection, rejection and about Karma. Narratives are believable. All the stories are very much relatable to current day scenarios.

All the stories stay with you for a long time after you've read them. That is the beauty of this book. Every story has something new to offer. The stories are fast paced making it an awesome read. The book is simply addictive and you won't be able to put it down.

Totally recommended book by me who enjoys reading classic short stories. A book that really needs to be bought to the readers. And yes, I can easily say this book is one of my favourite book and will always remain so.

An amazing read. Thanks Kavitaji.

Comments

  1. I was highly impressed by the book and the author's deep understanding of the human psyche. I recommended it to a couple of my friends and relatives while keeping a copy in my personal collection. I hope Kavita will continue to deliver more such jewels to the reading public.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment