Man-Eaters of Kumaon - Jim Corbett

I surfed the #brunchbookchallenge tagging on twitter to check what others are reading when I came across this title. It immediately grabbed my attention and I picked up the book without having a second thought.

The book is about the hunting expeditions of Jim Corbett, a renowned hunter, of the man-eating tigers in the Kumaon district of India. The book gives detailed descriptives of his hunting missions. The book is a slow paced book with every minute details covered in it about all the tigers he hunted.

The book grabs your attention and also renders nail biting moments making your nerves race. An absolutely marvellous book which not just provides an insight on his hunting but also highlights the reasons on why each of the tigers he shot had turned to man-eating. This is the first time when I came across the fact that Humans are not the Tigers natural prey but circumstances make it one.

A great book and a must read for all the adventure lovers. I rate this book a 5/5 for this amazing read.

Comments