The Dev Anand Story - Dr. Govind Sharma IAS (Retd)

The book was offered to me by the author for reading and reviewing the same. Having read 2 fiction novels penned by the author, this book seemed very different from them. The book is dedicated to all the Dev Anand fans. It's evident that author is in awe of the actor.

The book is not entirely a story but an analysis of Dev Anand's career, his movies and his life. Needless to say author is a very well read one on the aspects of Dev Anand's life. He has not only summarised his movie performance but also quoted various sources and has drawn inferences to them.

I admit that I too was captivated with the charismatic actor when I happened to watch some of his black and white movies. Book merely proves that there are so many out there who adored the artist in Dev Anand. Book also throws light on his brothers and particularly the inspiring journey of his younger brother Vijay Anand.

Book also details the honours conferred upon the actor and filmography during his life span. I am sure to watch more movies as per the long list of movies mentioned in the novel.

Overall a one time read and I rate this book a 4/5.

Comments