The Fragile Thread of Hope - Pankaj Giri

This book was offered to me for reading and reviewing and the title seemed intriguing. I accepted and had the privilege to read this beautiful tale. The author, like me started review blogs and this book is his first attempt at penning a novel. An inspiration for me as I aspire to be a writer as well.

The story is narrated from 3 people's perspective - Soham, Falguni / Fiona and Shanti / Sharon. The tale is about loved ones, loss of loved ones, people coming in your life, take on spirituality, tragic endings and new beginnings. All in all a good story.

All the characters are beautifully developed and have their unique traits throughout the book. I loved Sharon in the story. The story is narrated in a medium pace with very poetic descriptions to the scenes. Very few authors have the capability to show the readers what they are envisioning in the story and Pankaj Giri has nailed it. Nothing is left to readers imagination. This also depicts the clarity of thoughts on the story.

Author's narratives also proved his excellent command over the language. At some places though I found the story dragging a bit but it summed it beautifully in the end. All lose ends tied and a satisfactory ending gives you a feeling of completeness.

My rating for the book 4.5/5. A great read.

Comments