Pralay, The Great Deluge - Vineet Bajpai

Name of the Book - Pralay - The Great Deluge (Second book of Harappa trilogy)

Author - Vineet Bajpai

Pages - 289

Genre - Historical Fiction

Because I had read the first book, it was obvious to choose the second one in the series due to its intriguing storyline. You can also refer my review on Harappa - Curse of the blood river in my blogs. Though I was disappointed with the incomplete ending but the curiosity of what happens next made me pick this book.

Just like last part, this book was totally gluing. A fast paced book which beautifully tells the tales in 2 lifetimes. All the characters own their traits. This book is rich in iterating the facts and the narratives are brilliant. Language of the book is again marvellous depicting the authors grip with lots of variations used to describe a single term or phrase. This ensures that there are not many repititions.

The series is actually a great effort in combining the tales of Great Deluge, Manu's Ark and perishing of Harrapa. The feelings and emotions of all the characters are well portrayed.

The incomplete ending is a unique feature in this book as well. This actually disappointed me a bit but then wait for the third and final book in the series is awaited.

My take - A great read but 4/5 for its incomplete ending.

Comments